Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Title: ||U Shop大學商城|
U Shop: Coffee and NCCU Gift shop
|Issue Date: ||2016-01-04 16:51:16 (UTC+8)|
|Abstract: ||Most universities have their own gift shop to represent the pride of the students who love university brand’s products. Some universities have created innovation gift shops with special features to differentiate themselves from ordinary traditional gift shops in order to promote their gifts and create university brand awareness. For example, Waseda University’s Co-Op stores that operates as the university’s gift shop is a combination between gift shop and coffee shop where Waseda students can come right in, order a cup of coffee and spend time to mingle with their peers. There is no doubt that when Waseda students are walking into the coffee shop, they will have a chance to see, and even be tempted to purchase, their university’s gifts and souvenirs.|
In Taiwan, we can say that National Cheng Chi University (NCCU) is one of the biggest and most famous universities in Taiwan. However, as of today NCCU gift shop is still operated under the name of Alumni service center, which is hardly capable of managing full operation to support sale and promotion of NCCU gifts and souvenirs. According to the survey conducted at NCCU, approximately 40 per cent of the sample group does not know where to buy gifts and souvenirs. Half of the group states that they are not planning go there. However, good news is that 80 per cent still wants to purchase NCCU gifts and souvenirs. All this information indicates that the demand for gifts and souvenirs is still high but NCCU still lacks a marketing initiative, clearly-identified sale channels and a suitable business model to support university gift shop.
This new NCCU gift and coffee shop will beautifully offer a relaxing and serene space for both local and foreign NCCU students to do their studies, to meet with their friends or to exchange their worldviews, languages and cultures. This possible channel will also drive the number of students purchasing NCCU gifts and souvenirs. In addition, the new attraction will bring economic benefits to established stores. Creating a new sale channel and promoting products are primary keys to a successful business model, as it will guarantee long-term accomplishment of the NCCU gift shop and the sustainability of the model.
|Reference: ||1. 2015 Taiwan Tea, Coffee & Wine Expo. (n.d.). Retrieved May 26, 2015, from http://www.chanchao.com.tw/nov/market.asp|
2. Chengchi University Secretariat. (2015). Retrieved May 25, 2015, from http://secrt.nccu.edu.tw/english/index.htm
3. Internal Rate of Return (IRR) Definition | Investopedia. (2003, November 23). Retrieved May 28, 2015, from http://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/irr.asp
4. Philip Kotler and Gary Armstrong, “Market targeting PP 225 – 233” Principles of marketing (thirteenth Edition), (2010) Retrieved May 29, 2015,
5. Prof. Y.S. Lin., Ph.D., “New Product Development Process (Lin System) PP17” Practical New Product Development and Marketing (2015 May 2-17) retrieved May 29, 2015.
6. Takehiko, S. (2012, September 8). WASEDA University Co-op. Retrieved May 28, 2015, from https://www.wcoop.ne.jp/en/index.html
7. Waseda Co-Op Store & Cafe. (2012). Retrieved May 28, 2015, from http://en.japantravel.com/photos/waseda-university
8. Yado．美食．旅行: （台北） 找到好東西咖啡 Good Goods Cafe & Grocery‧Brunch - yam天空部落. (2015, April 25). Retrieved May 28, 2015, from http://blog.yam.com/yado/article/90078724
9. 結合校園特色 大學自創紀念品. (2013, December 24). Retrieved May 19, 2015, from http://www.uonline.nccu.edu.tw/material/pdf_new/194_613_1FD90352436B4315B2EF9B53152F064A.pdf
10. 國立臺灣師範大學圖書館 eShop. (2015). Retrieved May 25, 2015, from http://eshop.ntnu.edu.tw/
11. 師大紀念品購物網新居落成. (2014, October 1). Retrieved May 28, 2015, from http://press.lib.ntnu.edu.tw/en/node/55
12. 國立臺灣師範大學 紀念品. (2010, June 1). Retrieved May 28, 2015, from https://www.flickr.com/people/libpress5291/
|Source URI: ||http://thesis.lib.nccu.edu.tw/record/#G0102933039|
|Data Type: ||thesis|
|Appears in Collections:||[國際經營管理英語碩士學程IMBA] 學位論文|
Files in This Item:
All items in 政大典藏 are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.