1. Ahlgrim, Kevin C. (1999), Investigating the use of value at risk in insurance, Working Paper, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Department of Finance.
2. Altman, Edward I., 1992, Revisiting the High Yield Bond Market, Financial Management, 21: 78-92.
3. Ambrose, Jan M. and Anne M. Carroll, 1994, Using Best's Ratings in Life Insurer Insolvency Prediction, The Journal of Risk and Insurance, 61:317-327.
4. Ambrose, Jan Mills and J. Allen Seward, 1988, Best's Ratings, Financial Ratios and Prior Probabilities in Insolvency Prediction, The Journal of Risk and Insurance, 55:229-244.
5. Baraanoff, Etti G., Thomas W. Sager, and Robert C. Witt, 1999, Industry Segmentation and Predictor Motifs for Solvency Analysis of the Life/Health Insurance Industry, Journal of Risk and Insurance, 66:99-123.
6. BarNiv, Ran and Adi Raveh, 1989, Identifying Financial Distress: A New Nonparametric Approach, The Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, 16:361-381.
7. BarNiv, Ran and James B. McDonald, 1992, Identifying Financial Distress in the Insurance Industry: A Synthesis of Methodological and Empirical Issues, The Journal of Risk and Insurance, 543-574.
8. BarNiv, Ran and Robert A. Hershbarger, 1990, Classifying Financial Distress in the Life Insurance Industry, The Journal of Risk and Insurance, 57:110-136.
9. Brockett, Patrick L., William W. Cooper, Linda L. Golden, and Utai Pitaktong, 1994, A Neural Network Method for Obtaining an Early Warning of Insurer Insolvency, The Journal of Risk and Insurance, 61:402-424.
10. Carson, James M. and Robert E. Hoyt, 1995, Life Insurer Financial Distress: Classification Models and Empirical Evidence, The Journal of Risk and Insurance, 62:764-775.
11. Cummins, J, David, Martin F. Grace, and Richard D. Phillips, 1999, Regulatory Solvency Prediction in Property-Liability Insurance: Risk-Based Capital, Audit Ratios, and Cash Flow Simulation, Journal of Risk and Insurance, 66:417-458.
12. Cummins, J. David, Scott E. Harrington, and Robert Klein, 1995, Insolvency Experience, Risk-Based Capital, and Prompt Corrective Action in Property-Liability Insurance, Journal of Banking and Finance, 19:511-527.
13. Dimson, Elroy and Paul Marsh, 1997, Stress tests of capital requirements, Journal of Banking & Finance, 21:1515-1546.
14. Grace, Martin F., Scott E. Harrington, and Robert W. Klein, 1998, Risk-Based Capital and Solvency Screening in Property-Liability Insurance: Hypotheses and Empirical Tests, The Journal of Risk and Insurance, 65:213-243.
15. Harrington, Scott E. and Jack M. Nelson, 1986, A Regression-Based Methodology for Solvency Surveillance in the Property-Liability Insurance Industry, The Journal of Risk and Insurance, 53:583-602.
16. Huang, Chin-Sheng, Robert E. Dorsey, and Mary Ann Boose, 1994, Life Insurer Financial Distress Prediction: A Neural Network Model, Journal of Insurance Regulation, 13:131-167.
17. Ibbotson Associates, Stocks, Bonds, Bills and Inflation: Yearbook (Chicago, IL: Ibbotson Associates).
18. Jackson, Patricia, David J. Maude, and William Perraudin, 1997, Bank Capital and Value at Risk, The Journal of Derivatives, 73-89.
19. Jorion, Philippe, 1997, Value at Risk: The New Benchmark for Controlling derivatives Risk, The McGraw-Hill companies.
20. Klein, Robert W., 1995, Insurance Regulation in Transition, The Journal of Risk and Insurance, 62:363-404.
21. Munch, Patricia and Dennis E. Smallwood, 1980, Solvency regulation in the property-liability insurance industry: empirical evidence, Bell Journal of Economics, 11:261-279.
22. Panning, William H., 1999, The Strategic Uses of Value at Risk: Long-Term Capital Management for Property/Casualty Insurers, North American Actuarial Journal, 2:84-105.
23. Pottier, Steven W., 1998, Life Insurer Financial Distress, Best's Ratings and Financial Ratios, The Journal of Risk and Insurance, 65:275-288.
24. Pottier, Steven W. and David W. Sommer, 1999, Property-Liability Insurer Financial Strength Ratings: Differences Across Rating Agencies, The Journal of Risk and Insurance, 66:621-642.
25. Pottier, Steven W. and David W. Sommer, 1999, Capital Ratios and Property-Liability Insurer Insolvencies, Working Paper, University of Georgia.
26. West, Robert Craig, 1985, A Factor-Analytic Approach to Bank Condition., Journal of Banking and Finance, 9:253-266.
27. Wiener, Zvi, 1997, Introduction to VaR (Value-at-Risk), Working Paper, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem.