Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Endogenous growth and fiscal policy
LI, YAN QING
LIN, BO SHENG
LI, YAN QING
|Issue Date: ||2016-05-02 15:18:34 (UTC+8)|
The conventional neoclassical growth models attribute the long-run steady-state growth to the exogenous technological progress, and government’s fiscal pol-icy can only affect the dynamic transitional path toward the steady state. In recent years, Romer (1986b)first proposed a growth model in which the long-runrate of growth is endogenized. Following Romer, Barro (1990) examined that the fiscal policy may be one of the major factors influencing the country’s long-runrate of growth.
|Reference: ||1. Barro,Robert J. “Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth.” Journal of Political Economy 98(October 1990):103-125.
2. Barro,Robert J., and Sala-i-Martin, Xavier. “Public Finance in Models of Economic Growth.” Working Paper no. 3362. Cambridge,Mass:NBER, May 1990.
3. Benhabib,Jess,and Farmer, Roger E.A. “Indeterminacy and Increasing Return.” Manuscript. New York, N.Y.:New York University , 1991.
4. Boldrin,Michele, and Scheinkman,Jose A. “Learning-By-Doing, International Trade and Growth: A Note.” In The Economy as an Evolving Complex System,edited by Philip W. Anderson.;Kenneth J. Arrow.:and Daivd Pines. Reading , MA: Addision-Wesley Publishing Company, 1988.
5. Blanchard, Olivier J., and Fisher, Stanley. Lectures on Macroeconomics Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press, 1989.
6. Jones, Larry E., and Manuelli,Rodolfo.”A Convex Model of Equilibrium Growth: Theory and Policy Implications.” Journal of Political Economy 98(October 1990a):1008-1038.
7. ------. “Finite Lifetimes and Growth.” Manuscript. Stanford, C.A.: University of Stanford, 1990b.
8. Jones , Larry E,: and Manuelli, Rodolfo; and Rossi, Peter E. “Optimal Taxation in a Convex Model of Equilibrium Growth.” Manuscript. Stanford, C.A.: University of Stanford, 1990.
9. King,Robert G., and Rebelo, Sergio.”Public Policy and Econimic Growth: Developing Neoclassical Implications.” Manuscript. Rochester, N.Y.: University of Rochester, 1990.
10. Lucas, Robert E., Jr. “On the Mechanics of Economic Development.” Journal of Monetary Economics 22 (July 1988): 3-42.
11. Mulligan, Casey B., and Sala-i-Martin, Xavier. “Transitional Dynamics in Two-Sector Models of Endogenous Growth.” Working Paper no. 3986. Cambridge, Mass.: NBER, February 1992.
12. Obstfeld, Maurice.”Fiscal Deficits and Relative Prices in a Growing World Economy.” Journal of Manetary Economics 23 (May 1989): 461-484.
13. Rebelo, Sergio. “Long-Run Policy Analysis and Long-Run Growth.” Journal of Political Economy 99(June 1991):500-521.
14. Rivera-Batiz, Luis A., and Romer , Paul M. “Economic Integration and Endogenous Growth.” Quarterly Journal of Economics 106(May 1991):531-555.
15. Rivera-Batiz, Luis A., and Xie, Danyang. “GATT, Trade, and Growth.” American Economic Review , Papers and Proceedings (May 1992):422-427.
16. Romer, Paul M. “Cake Eating, Chattering , and Jumps: Existence Results for Variational Problems.” Econometrica 54 (July 1986a): 897-908.
17. -----. “Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth.” Journal of Political Ecomomy 94(October 1986b): 1002-1037.
18. -----.”Capital Accumulation in the Theory of Long-Run Growth.” In Modern Business Cycle Theory, edited by Robert J. Barro. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press, 1989.
19. -----.”Endogenous Technological Change.” Journal of Political Economy 98(October 1990): 71-102.
20. Sala-i-Martin, Xavier. “Lecture Notes on Economic Growth (I): Introduction to the Literature and Neoclassical Models.” Working Paper no.3563. Cambridge, Mass.:NBER, December 1990a.
21. ----. “Lecture Notes on Economic Growth (II): Five Prototype Models of Endogenous Growth.” Working Paper No. 3564, Cambridge, Mass.: NBER,December 1990b.
22. Xie,Danyang.”Interest Rates ,Saving Rates, and Growth Rates: in an Endogenous Growth Model with Many Consumption Goods and Producer Durables.” Manuscript. Stanford, C.A.: University of Stanford, 1990.
23. ------.”Increasing Returns and Increasing Rates of Growth.” Journal of Political Economy 99 (April 1991): 429-435.
|Source URI: ||http://thesis.lib.nccu.edu.tw/record/#B2002004599|
|Data Type: ||thesis|
|Appears in Collections:||[財務管理學系] 學位論文|
All items in 政大典藏 are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.